Tutoring for MATH 034 will NOT be available from Thursday, December 8 through the end of Finals Week.
Regular operating hours will end on Friday, December 9 at 3:00pm.
Finals Week hours begin on Sunday, December 11. Details can be found to the left.
MATH 034 Final Exam Review:
- Tuesday, December 6 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- 110 Wartik
- with GSG leader Colleen
MATH 110 Final Exam Review:
- Thursday, December 8 from 6:30pm-9:30pm
- 100 Thomas
- with GSG leaders Cassandra and Rahul
MATH 140 Final Exam Review:
- Thursday, December 8 from 6:00pm-9:00pm
- 108 Forum
- with GSG leader David
MATH 140B Final Exam Review
- Sunday, December 11 from 1:00pm-4:00pm
- 102 Forum
- with GSG leader Vincent
MATH 200 Final Exam Review
- Wednesday, December 7 from 6:30pm-7:30pm
- 112 Buckhout
- with GSG leader Morgan
MATH 220 Final Exam Review
- Sunday, December 11 from 2:30pm-4:30pm
- 121 Sparks
- with math tutor Catherine
MATH 251 Final Exam Review
- Thursday, December 8 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- 022 BBH Building
- with math tutor Johan
Finals Week Hours for Math Tutoring in 220 Boucke
- MATH 017:
- Tuesday, December 13, 10:10 AM - 12 PM
- MATH 021:
- Wednesday, December 14, 2:30 PM - 4:20 PM
- MATH 022:
- Monday, December 12, 12:20 PM - 2:10 PM
- MATH 026:
- Sunday, December 11, 2 PM - 4 PM
- MATH 041:
- Tuesday, December 13, 12:20 PM - 2:10 PM
- MATH 110:
- Sunday, December 11, 4 PM - 6 PM
- Monday, December 12, 10:10 AM - 12 PM
- MATH 140:
- Wednesday, December 14, 10:10 AM - 2:10 PM
- MATH 141:
- Sunday, December 11, 6 PM - 8 PM
- Monday, December 12, 2:30 PM - 4:20 PM
- Any course between MATH 004 - MATH 141 (except MATH 033, 034, and 035)
- Sunday, December 11, 8 PM - 9:30 PM
- Monday, December 12, 4:40 PM - 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, December 13, 2:30 PM - 4:20 PM
Finals Week Hours for Math Tutoring in 7 Sparks
- MATH 220 - MATH 251
- Sunday, December 11, 6 PM - 10 PM
- Monday, December 12, 6 PM - 8 PM
- Tuesday, December 13, 6 PM - 10 PM
We have several different ways for students at University Park to get help in mathematics. Whether you are worried about succeeding in your mathematics classes or simply want to improve you understanding, there is a place for you in our math learning communities. We are here to help you succeed.
Successful students start studying for exams on the first day of class. Tutoring, study groups, and review sessions will be more effective if you visit every week.
Tutoring will supplement your regular class attendance by offering a peer’s perspective on the mathematics in your course. Penn State Learning offers talented trained tutors who are committed to helping you succeed. Our tutors have taken many of the math courses at University Park, and they are trained to help you develop the understanding of the subject that you need to succeed.
We will open for Fall 2016 on Monday, August 29th. Our operating hours for Fall 2016 will be:
220 Boucke (Math 004 through Math 141)
- Sunday, 6 PM - 9:30 PM
- Monday through Thursday, 10 AM - 9:30 PM
- Friday, 10 AM - 3 PM
7A Sparks (Math 220 through Math 251)
- Sunday through Thursday, 6 PM - 9:30 PM
How does math tutoring help?
Our mathematics tutors can help you find answers to your questions, work with you to review material for quizzes and tests, provide you with test preparation and test taking tips, help you establish short and long term study goals, review exams from previous semesters, and much more.
How can you work with a tutor?
University Park students in courses between MATH 004 and MATH 141 should visit our tutors in 220 Boucke. Students in MATH 220 through MATH 251 should visit our tutors in 7A Sparks. You don’t need an appointment. Just visit us during our operating hours to participate in our learning community.
For help in other mathematics courses, please visit the Math Department’s Undergraduate Courses page.
Interested in a Study Group instead?
Some students also get help by working in a group with other students from their course. We offer Guided Study Groups in some mathematics courses for students who want to work with others under the guidance of a tutor. You don’t have to sign up or make an appointment. Just show up and join the group. For more information about Guided Study Groups, including a complete schedule, visit our Guided Study Group page.
Mathematics Instructor Office Hours
Your instructor’s office hours are an important resource that you should use as part of your study strategy. A link to the schedule of office hours for the current semester can be found at https://math.psu.edu/undergraduate .
Has it been a while since your last math class?
Most people need to continually refresh their math skills in order to stay proficient. Click here for additional support materials to help you brush up on some essential skills that you may not have used in a while.
205 Boucke Building
814-865-1841 (student receptionist - 220 Boucke)