New for spring 2017: Appointments, Mon.-Thurs., 7:00-10:00 PM
We have several different ways for students at University Park to get help in mathematics. Whether you are worried about succeeding in your mathematics classes or simply want to improve you understanding, there is a place for you in our math learning communities. We are here to help you succeed.
Successful students start studying for exams on the first day of class. Tutoring, study groups, and review sessions will be more effective if you visit every week.
We will open for Spring 2017 on Tuesday, January 17th. Our operating hours for Spring 2017 will be:
Drop-in tutoring for Math 004 - Math 141 in 220 Boucke
- Sunday, 6 PM - 9:30 PM
- Monday through Thursday, 10 AM - 7 PM
- Friday, 10 AM - 3 PM
Tutoring by appointment for Math 004 - Math 141 in 220 Boucke
- Monday through Thursday, 7 PM - 10 PM
- To make a 30-minute appointment, use our scheduling system WCONLINE.
Instructions for using WCONLINE:
- Go to WCONLINE, and create a login using your PSU email address and a new password. Once logged in, click the menu at the top to find the schedule called “Math Tutoring, 220 Boucke, Spring 2017.” Available time slots will appear in white.
- Select the appropriate tutor and click on an available time slot. A window will appear that will allow you to confirm the details and save the appointment. You should receive a confirmation email.
Drop-in tutoring for Math 220 - Math 251 in 7A Sparks
- Sunday through Thursday, 6 PM - 9:30 PM
How does math tutoring help?
Our mathematics tutors can help you find answers to your questions, work with you to review material for quizzes and tests, provide you with test preparation and test taking tips, help you establish short and long term study goals, review exams from previous semesters, and much more.
How can you work with a tutor?
University Park students in courses between MATH 004 and MATH 141 should visit our tutors in 220 Boucke. Students in MATH 220 through MATH 251 should visit our tutors in 7A Sparks. Just visit us during our drop-in tutoring hours, or make an appointment on WCONLINE (instructions above).
For help in other mathematics courses, please visit the Math Department’s Undergraduate Courses page.
Interested in a Study Group instead?
Some students also get help by working in a group with other students from their course. We offer Guided Study Groups in some mathematics courses for students who want to work with others under the guidance of a tutor. You don’t have to sign up or make an appointment. Just show up and join the group. For more information about Guided Study Groups, including a complete schedule, visit our Guided Study Group page.
Mathematics Instructor Office Hours
Your instructor’s office hours are an important resource that you should use as part of your study strategy. A link to the schedule of office hours for the current semester can be found at https://math.psu.edu/undergraduate .