Outstanding Guided Study Group Leader Award
This award recognizes undergraduate Guided Study Group (GSG) leaders who
- demonstrate academic excellence and integrity in their own studies and through the work undertaken while guiding their peers in co-curricular learning environments
- carry out their assigned roles and responsibilities in an exemplary manner by promoting and incorporating collaborative learning skills and practices into their tutorial sessions
- embody leadership characteristics and lead by example
- serve as a role model and mentor to others
- maintain a positive rapport with course-related faculty and staff, and
- create and sustain welcoming, academically stimulating and challenging learning communities in which all participants can engage in knowledge acquisition, exchange and transfer.
Any current Penn State Learning GSG leader who demonstrates the above skills and behaviors and who is a full-time student (12 or more credits) at The Pennsylvania State University – University Park Campus with a GPA of 3.0 and above is eligible.
Type of Award
Each of four (4) annual winners will receive a certificate and $500.
Any Penn State employee (staff or student), GSG participant, or the instructor of any GSG-supported course may nominate one individual. Nominations must be submitted electronically using the associated form.
April 15, 2016
The Outstanding Guided Study Group Leader Award Selection Committee will review nominations and submit recommendations to the Director of Penn State Learning for final selection.