Drop-in hours (220 Boucke):
Sunday, 6-9:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
Friday, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Drop-in hours (101 Pattee Library):
Sunday-Thursday, 10 p.m.-12 a.m.
Appointment hours (220 Boucke):
Friday, 12-3 p.m.
Schedule an appointment here. Create a login, then select "Boucke Writing Appointments, Fall 2015."
As undergraduates ourselves, we know that writing can sometimes be difficult; yet we are also familiar with the satisfaction it offers. With firsthand experience at writing as well as experience in just being a student, we can often be the perfect audience for your writing. You can come in with a topic proposal, rough draft, or even a graded paper that you want to revise. When you meet with a writing tutor, you establish the agenda, and we'll try to accommodate you. Conversation about writing is our specialty.
In addition to peer tutoring, we also have valuable materials that can help you with your writing, including reference books, style manuals and other resources that may be used in our center.
We encourage writers to be independent. We discuss your writing with you and help you analyze your own writing concerns. Rather than editing or proofreading your papers for you, we help you do the proofreading yourself. So, if you want to discuss an assignment, polish a final draft, or further develop your writing skills, come see us. We would like to talk to you.
- Online tutoring for writing. At the login screen, choose schedule "Online Tutoring, Fall 2015."
- Request a personal statement tutor. Receive help with a personal statement for a fellowship, scholarship, job, or school application. You may also go to drop-in hours at 220 Boucke or Pattee Library to meet with a tutor to work on your personal statement.
- Resources for Writing (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- Our newsletter for peer writing tutors: The Dangling Modifier
- Graduate Students can go to the Graduate Writing Center (located on University Park campus)
Language and Writing Communities
Penn State Learning