GSG & SPRING BREAK HOURS: GSG sessions will not be held during the break. Sessions will resume on Monday, March 17th. Have a great break!
Tutoring appointment hours are now available every Friday from 10:00am to 3:00pm for 30 or 60 minutes. Use the WCOnline link to schedule an appointment.
As undergraduates ourselves, we know that writing can sometimes be difficult; yet we are also familiar with the satisfaction it offers. With firsthand experience at writing as well as experience in just being a student, we can often be the perfect audience for your writing. You can come in with a topic proposal, rough draft, or even a graded paper that you want to revise. When you meet with a writing tutor, you establish the agenda, and we’ll try to accommodate you. Conversation about writing is our specialty.
In addition to peer tutoring, we also have valuable materials that can help you with your writing, including reference books, style manuals and other resources that may be used in our center.
We encourage writers to be independent. We discuss your writing with you and help you analyze your own writing concerns. Rather than editing or proofreading your papers for you, we help you do the proofreading yourself. So, if you want to discuss an assignment, polish a final draft, or further develop your writing skills, come see us. We would like to talk to you.
- World Campus tutoring for Writing
- Schedule a face-to-face appt. with a Boucke writing tutor (via WCOnline)
- Request an appointment to work on your Personal Statement. Receive help with a personal statement for a fellowship, scholarship, job, or school application. You may also go to Drop In hours at 220 Boucke or Pattee Library to meet with a tutor to work on your personal statement.
- Resources for Writing (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- Our newsletter for peer writing tutors: The Dangling Modifier
- Graduate Students can go to the Graduate Writing Center (located on University Park campus)
Leagh Anderson, M. Ed., M. A.
Writing and Language Learning Communities Associate
205 Boucke Building
Phone: (814) 863-8 183
|Writing Tutoring||Sun 6:00pm-9:30pm||220 Boucke||Varies||1/21/2013 to 5/2/2014|
|Writing Tutoring||Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed 10:00pm-12:00am||101 Leisure Reading Room, Pattee Library||Varies||1/21/2013 to 5/2/2014|
|Writing Tutoring||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu 10:00am-9:30pm||220 Boucke||Varies||1/21/2013 to 5/2/2014|