As a student receptionist/desk attendant you will greet students & sign-in all students who request tutor assistance and/or course materials; Answer student, faculty & visitor questions; enter data information on computer, and answer the phone. Keep lab space and small library of course materials tidy and in order, run errands/other office duties. Additionally, student employees in this role conduct classroom visit to advertise Penn State Learning Services and represent PSL at various resource fairs/outreach events on campus.
- Must have Work-Study
- Undergraduate student status
- Have an interest in working with others
- Participation in the mandatory training as provided for the position.
We expect the candidate for the position to:
- Display good customer service skills
- Enter all data accurately and complete data entry in a timely manner
- Agree to act appropriately in terms of communication, punctuality, and collegiality
- Agree to conduct yourself professionally with all types of students in this diverse university community.